Megu - restaurant week

So today I went with my korean friends to eat at this pseudo japanese called Megu for restaurant week. Apparently on their website they had more items listed for restaurant week, however when we got there that was another story. (so claims my friend) I'm always weary of wannabe asian restaurants that are run by Caucasians. Its like do you know what this food is?


chopsticks, yes they're inside



they have their own sparkling water! My friend was so cute, she even asked for ice!


our sad salad, it was the ONLY choice we had for salads. where's the dressing?


miso soup, the tofu was amazingly soft


my glass, looks like a wine glass with no stem


my kobe steak. it was quite tasty however it was so FREAKING small! This was appetizer size! We ate this with chopsticks, but before we were wondering if they were going to give us a fork and knife.


it came with rice, if not I would have been seriously pissed off! I hate places that are over priced and give you such small portions like WTF? you think you're all that and you can charge us crazy prices for an appetizer size dish you want to pass off as an entree? Yes i know lunch is suppose to be smaller and lighter but WTF? Are you facing serious?


kobe beef burger, ok that looked a little bit more filling. though i find it strange a japanese rest serves burgers and fries.


look they branded the top of the burger so you know where you are.


our dessert, something we had no say in. green tea cake with mango sauce and raspberries. inside was a strawberry slice. It was the size of a quarter, well maybe a dollar coin. it was DAMN small.


the decor


the decor, rose petals in the water, kinda cute


flowers and giant bell, there's suppose to be a giant glass buddha but no idea where it went.


their bathroom, its unisex and there's only one, for the entire restaurant that's on the lower level. WTF? was expecting a nicer bathroom, like the one in morimoto, guess i was wrong.


needless to say i wasn't very full after eating there, plus the bill was jacked up more cause my friend wanted sparkling water. Sigh. we headed over to a cafe and got some latte to drink and talk. look latte art!


look my friend's giant latte!

we chatted and hoped to meet up again, as they are heading back to korea. yes the economy is bad, companies won't sponsor them, what's a girl to do? freelancing is great but you get no sponsorship and you can't stay here. So they're going back to Korea. One of them is from NZ new zealand, and if she can't find anything there she'll go home to NZ. Sigh. Economics do come into play.

After we left I had a shitastic commute back, where i was stuck on the 7 train which was 1 stop away from where i needed to be. course the MTA is pretty shitty, they don't care that they waste an hour of your time trapped on a goddamn train with loud annoying ghetto people. They keep giving you the signal problem bs. WTF? Signal problems for an hour? WTF? Are you gonna pay me for that hour that I lost? Or refund me my $2? It was completely retarded! after being stuck there, with some stupid woman with a whiny voice that complained every 2 seconds, omg, and some bratty kids who were also whiny, omfg shoot them, the train decides to go backwards, course unable to do it all at once, they do it in parts, with long gaps of doing nothing in between. sadly my phone battery started to die, needless to say whoever i was txting was ignoring me. and my ipod crashed, my god a perfect time to do that!

Finally the fucking train stops from backing up, 2 stops away from where I need to be. in some seriously ghetto area. i everyone gets off the train and they give us some bs take the LIRR its free, WTF? that shit is MAD far from where I am! Or take the train back towards manhattan and transfer here and get off here and take the bus there. WTF? Are you fucking mad?! You trap me on a train for an hour, then you inconvenience me terribly, and you expect me to fucking get on another one of your shitty trains or buses to go in the opposite direction just so I can get home? And you dare say you want a fare hike? I had to find an atm to get money, i ended up in a cash checking place, very sketchy. the guy in front of me, seriously didn't know how to use an atm. when i got out, i looked for a cab, the guy was like sure i'll take you there, how much? he wouldn't say, i wouldn't get into the cab until he said a number. needless to say i had to pay $10 for him to drive me 2 stops to get to where i wanted to go. sadly there was fucking goddamn traffic, and i had enough of sitting idly in a vehicle that didn't move, so i had to get out early and walk the rest. OMFG it was such a shitty commute. i had to run into macy's to use their bathroom, i went downstairs to where the underwear was cause that's where the bathroom was. I made it, and walked out only to be surrounded by the shrills of some annoying family screaming out to their kids who they didn't bother to look after or hold their hands. stop yelling! hold onto your child retards! they were all wearing headscarves, and one of them had their face covered up, but yet that didn't stop them for screaming for their kids. Geez, this isn't a park, this isn't your house, you are in a public place, and you should behave accordingly. What's worse is that they're "shopping" and then they dare glare at the lingre hanging. Geez, no one's forcing you to wear it, wtf since when did you get some judgmental? maybe if you weren't such a fucking bad parent you wouldn't have lost your kid, ever think of that? Also letting your kid throw clothes on the floor shows how ghetto you are.

it was a shitty day.

6 stalkers:

MakeupByRenRen said...

dang mama...another rough day...i think you should start putting on an ipod to drown the noises of screaming children lol

Roselyn said...

wow...dont you just love the MTA, huh? I looove Megu, its one of my faves in the city for sure!

SUGABUM said...

Eww, cheap wooden chopsticks...and burgers with fries at a higher end Japanese restaurant? As if branding the burger bread would make it more Japanese...lol. The way the salad was served doesn't look so appetizing, but the steak does! Both places I went to for restaurant week had pretty small portions for lunch. I got full, although at both places I did order more stuff aside from the prix fixe stuff.

You run into bratty kids A LOT!! Like everyday! I was yelping some hair salons and I found some of your reviews, haha. =) Do you have any recommendations for a good haircut?

SUGABUM said...

Dude, so my friend just called me and told me that dinner at Megu was really good. He was telling me that they had the same fish dish I had at Morimoto (which was freakin delicious!), but paired with better appetizers and desserts. Maybe you should have went for dinner. =( Maybe I should have went for dinner...

xppinkx said...

Im not tooo fond of places that serve micro dinner...i feel like i could go home and massage my own leg then cut it off grind it...then pat into patties and grill with the fat from my ass...it would taste 1000000000 x times better

but rest. week...so i guess it's ok...

speanking of the fucking trains you have in NYC...when my sister lived in flatbush i fell asleep on the train and i had my feet propped on the other seat...i got woken up to a 50 $ dollar ticket ...

if i had a car i would attach a machine gun and go trigger happy on all the cabs...

ok i need to take my meds now...

xppinkx said...

Im not tooo fond of places that serve micro dinner...i feel like i could go home and massage my own leg then cut it off grind it...then pat into patties and grill with the fat from my ass...it would taste 1000000000 x times better

but rest. week...so i guess it's ok...

speanking of the fucking trains you have in NYC...when my sister lived in flatbush i fell asleep on the train and i had my feet propped on the other seat...i got woken up to a 50 $ dollar ticket ...

if i had a car i would attach a machine gun and go trigger happy on all the cabs...

ok i need to take my meds now...