I am.....Batman!!!!



Ok, so last night, me and my friend decided to go see Batman, at midnight, in fact he bought tickets like days ago. We get to the theatre and its' PACKED with people and all the screens are playing batman. All 14 of them! wow right? so the machine is retarded that gives u the tickets via credit card, my friend goes to customer service and i get over priced popcorn and icee. There are way too many lines, long lines, so we stood on the line for ours, which was 12:01. it was insane, we were all the way at the back and were going to get crappy seats. the couple that showed up behind us brought a stroller and kid. yes they brought their kid. WTF? Like I said who brings their damn kid to a midnight showing? anyways, my friend turned and saw there was a 12:03 show, with no line, and the usher dude was trying to maintain both lines and the manger was like where are there 3 showings smushed into this one line? anyways my friend waited for the usher to go to the back of the other line and we snuck into the 12:03 showing. Hee hee. it wasn't as crowded and we got seats, then the couple with the baby walked in when they saw us do it. hee hee. they got seats up higher and they were gonna leave the stroller with the baby at the bottom near the handicap seats where we were. i was like wtf? so we offered to trade seats with them, and we sat up higher which was better. They baby started crying towards the end, the father grabbed it up and shut it up before everyone in the audience was about to go STFU!





Anyways, I have to say the movie itself was FREAKING AWESOME! I think if you have the chance to see it in imax, you totally should. The theatre we were in, were filled with very lively and excited people. they were cheering and laughing during the trailers. The trailer for the Watchman, was freaking amazing! Like holy crap! How long were they gonna hide that?! the audience cheered along it was funny. Its from the director of 300 so I hope its gonna be good. We also saw the trailer for body of lies with Russell crowe and dicaprio. DiCaprio is seriously trying to look like a grown up now. NOt sure if its working, or the whole tough guy routine. Ridely Scott is directing and hopefully it won't suck. We saw the trailer for the new Terminator movie, which has Christian Bale in it. Damn he is racking up the action hero movies now, minus the machinist he did a while back. But I'll always remember him from American Psycho and Little Women. LoL.



Anyways, I'll try not to spoil the movie too much. Lots of action scenes, yes there are talking scenes, we can't just blow everything up and not talk. But not a min of the movie is wasted. All things mentioned and talked about in the movie is relevant and shows up and connects to something later. This Batman is a lot darker. oh hell I didn't see the first one, but this one is really dark. I mean goddamn who wants to live in Gotham after all that crap? He gets a few new toys, and he gets to go to Hong Kong. Some of the stuff is too ridiculous, but hell its a movie and they try to make it believable. In his world it makes sense, well somewhat. There is a thing about the dog comment.


And in true comic book sense, OMFG I can't believe they killed that person. OMFG I can't believe they killed that person and brought em back. OMFG its comic book land! LOL! Ok, but I didn't say who. burt you will be shocked, as I never saw that coming, neither did the audience either. They all cheered and clapped during the super awesome action scenes and where batman was being uber. plus that whole truck scene, yes the one in the trailer. I don't know why batman talks like that, all like he needs a cough drop. I mean cmon, seriously. I guess he wanted to disguise his voice but cmon! The new Rachel is so much nicer than the one dawson's creek girl was playing, cause you know, i really don't want to see her pine after dawson. Maggie Gyllenhal (spelled that wrong didn't I?) was able to act and evolve the character, well somewhat. Morgan Freemon and Michael Caine badass and stoic as ever. Christian Bale, always the pretty boy, But OMFG, Heath Ledger as Joker, it was INSANE! He played it like an absolute psychopath! He played it better than Jack Nicholson, in my opinion. It was a new brand of crazy and as you watch the movie you realize that his motive or whatever is like OMFG you're a true nutjob! On a whole new level! This Joker is calculating, cunning, no stupid cheesy clown sidekicks, he would be the bobby fischer of chess the way he thinks!
FYI the director doesn't waste time showing the origin of the joker, which is good cause we all know how he came to be. He just jumps right in there, no time is wasted! Thank god! But seriously when u watch the trailer you have no idea how crazy the Joker really is until you watch the movie. Some say its oscar worthy, I wouldn't go that far, I mean it was damn good portrayal of insanity, but don't give it to him cause he died.



The two face character, Harvey Dent, YES you better have known he was gonna show up! Yes he does, and in true comic book fashion you see how he came to be, AND I personally think he looks more like Jonah Hex. Also he's not purple like Tommy Lee Jones's version, less cartoony, more dark. AND there is something he says at the beginning to Det. Gordan that comes back towards the end. I'm telling you its brilliantly written in that nothing is wasted, everything they say has a point and relevance. They left it open ended, and they also slammed shut a few doors, it'll be interesting to see how the third one comes out with this time. Oh yes and you see mr scarecrow potato sack wearing dude in the movie, he has a cameo.



Everyone clapped at the end with the true dramatic voiceover. Everyone cheered. It was a lovely movie worth watching. Oh hell cmon give them your money! You will be entertained about about 2 hours and 40 min. And they have air conditioner and over priced popcorn.



Why so serious? Let's put a smile on your face! Everyone enjoy the weekend! Its gonna be a hot one!

7 stalkers:

Fei said...

I've been hyped up about the Batman movie. Admittedly, it's because of Heath's death, but what better way to remember him than to watch a badass movie? Can't wait!

xppinkx said...

i cant read this post becasue i am watching it tonight..."i did catch you bitching about a screaming baby"....you cease to amaze me prey...im gunna wear my cat suit...

meow

MakeupByRenRen said...

oh my gosh, i hate to stop reading it partyway through cuz i got tickets tonight, lol...i'll post laterzzzz...i can't wait to get my overpriced iceee :)

jie jie said...

I skipped the latter half of this post. I went earlier to catch the 6:30PM showing, we made it but it was only a few minutes before it starts = no seats or bad seats. Only one left was the 9:50. I also saw lots of teenager, more kids, and some babies. So naaaah.. 9:50 it is. that's why I'm back home again and commenting =P.It sucks cos they charge parking in that theater, but we got a voucher! Thank goodness. I'm so gonna be pissed if there are kids or babies tonight. Seriously, parents need to put their kids to bed by 8PM and get a babysitter!

sophie said...

ooh u just made me wanna see it even more... and i didn't know you were taiwanese!! tw pride!!!<3

ChyiX2 said...

Aaw man, now you made me totally want to go see the movie! I'm so hyped for it now... you'rer Taiwanese?? Gawd, I'm slow at catching on. Hehe... excuse me!

Vanessa said...

YAY! I can't wait to see it I haven't heard ONE bad review so that's a plus!