dumplings

so today i helped my friend, well actually just documented my friend's catering dumpling business. she makes lunch for people out in jersey. i decided to go with her today to take pics and see how it goes. I got to chinatown around 9:30 where i discovered that the popeyes there had moved to a different location, being that the fob bus dropped me off on the other side.



My friend who is a chef and went to culinary school, picked me up as well as her cousin and her cousin's bf who's been working on the logo for how many months now? anyways she also brought her mom. yeah, we won't get into that. besides the fact that her mom made a comment about my eyebrows, yes they're brown to match my hair color, yes they're a little thinned out but you know what? i don't point out all your faults now do i? Cause that would just be rude, but i guess being that you're allegedly an adult that would mean you would know that too right? moving on, we get to the guy's apt in jersey who's at work, so we go in and set up. Course before any actual work is done, her mom asks if i would like to join them for a prayer. Yes you heard me. I didn't know they did a morning prayer too. But they do that before doing work. ok whatever. i'll humor you, don't want to be the rude one here.


the view from the apt....

I took about 100 pics from today and the dumpling thing, mostly because the website i'm making doesn't have a lot of pictures on it. Most of them have to be edited and color corrected to make them look prettier and such. So here are a few pics of what happened...


The colors from the veggies on this is pretty awesome, i'm surprised they came out so well, yes i know they need a little work though...



there were many dumplings being made, pork and a vegetarian one....the lonely dumpling sits there and waits....it cannot avoid its fate...


the dumplings are all steamed at the moment, not fried due to the restrictions of the apt they make and cook the dumplings in. yes i'm well aware of the catering business regulations, but guess what? Its not my business, and its not my catering gig. i'm just there to take pics. keep your judgements and snooty remarks to yourself....


yes you have angered me! and so I shall do the same to you!!!!!


these are the steamed pork dumplings, yes they are sitting on spinach, yes my friend didn't have any napa cabbage left so she had to improvise...shiny isn't it?



and a side of Shanghai style cold noodles with peanut sauce, sesame seeds, and freshly grated cucumber, red and yellow bell pepper for sweetness. These were really good. i did suggest to my friend to make her own soba, and her own peanut butter to which she replied NOWAI!!!!! LoL!

They didn't get as many orders as they usually do, due to it being spring break here and most of the parents probably went somewhere with their kids. i have to say the whole operation was a little disorganized but they are getting there somewhat. I was only observing, but too many cooks in the kitchen ruin the soup, or entree.

after they delivered the stuff, we had lunch of leftover dumplings and noodles, and yes they all said grace, and yes the whole god thing was weirding me out already. i respect your religious beliefs, but yeah...

Afterwards, i realized that the bag i had my breakfast in, from the bakery was gone. because someone's mom basically just threw my croissant that i hadn't eaten around, saying hey there's a thing here. Now I go there and wonder wtf? Where's my bag? It came in a plastic bag cause i bought a bottle of water too, where did it go? Strange. Course I realize that the mom stole my bag and shoved it into her purse. Hmmm a little tacky don' t you think? You take my bag, forcing me to carry 2 things instead of one, and then have the nerve to toss my food around like that? you know there's a word for that.

Anyways, moving on, as we're carrying stuff out, the soy sauce is dripping. to which we move everything outside and my friend is cleaning it up, while her mom stands there opening the door open. I think this is the part that was annoying. did you put water on that paper towel? yes. You missed a spot. its not a spot, its the floor. no you missed a spot. its the FLOOR! I'm putting another bag on the first bag. You should have it sitting up right. It IS upright. Then everyone is inspecting to see where the leak is from. I don't say anything cause its not my 3 ring circus. load up the car and about to head out. we stop at duane reede cause someone has a headache or something. we all sit in the car and wait but apparently that doesn't sit well, and so that person returns saying no not here, somewhere else. for whatever reason. At that point i wasn't paying attention. Because it was getting a little bit ridiculous.

Drive back, drop people off, then someone goes to get a drink, way long time. by this point i need to pee, cause its been a while. driving back finally. i doze off. my friend had originally asked me to go shopping with her, well for me window shopping since i'm broke. Guess when her mom got back she changed her mind. sigh. she dropped me off and tried to pay me for the fob bus i took this morning, which wasn't necessary. i race back into the apt cause the urge to pee was reaching critical mass. I run into the apt and guess what? Someone's in the bathroom! just fucking great! GET THE FUCK OUT!!!! I need to use the bathroom, not to powder my nose but bc my bladder will explode!!!! I'm walking back and forth and finally the person gets out! And as i'm walking towards it, in the doorway, she comes rushing out and says WAIT! Just wait a minute! WTF!!!! Apparently she was cleaning the bathroom, and didn't care that I was dying, or the fact that i really needed to use the bathroom, simply because she was cleaning it. I really don't care that you're cleaning it cause I really need to use it. I think its incredibly rude of you to do this, when you know I need to use it. i also think its wrong that you decided to wash your clothes when there's a washing machine downstairs and hog the bathroom, and to put your clothes in the sink so no one else can use it while u it let "soak" I think there are a lot of things wrong with that. But anyways finally she leaves and gets the fuck out of the bathroom and I run in before my bladder explodes and we're all drowning in a wave of bladder juice. yeah it wasn't fun for me. to say the least.

I was hoping for some fun this weekend i'm not sure if that will happen. Suppose to see an exhibit, but its kinda hard when the person you want to go with ignores you. And yes I am well aware that harold and kumar come out today, but alas there is no one that wants to see it with me, so we're onto plan B. I'm not sure what plan b is, but it does result in me getting the fuck out of here for a bit cause i can't stand this shit hole any longer! Who the hell cleans the bathroom and makes you wait when they know you need to use it? yeah today was not a good day for me with older asian women it seemed...

tomorrow i hope will be better....

1 stalkers:

MakeupByRenRen said...

dang! that sounds like a hot mess :( it i was up there i'd see the movie with yah!