dim sum

today i had dimsum with my mom, a strange thing indeed, being that my mom called me out of the blue on monday to ask me about that. kinda strange. anyways. today we met up, the restaurant wasn't that great with service. kinda ignored us, and the lady with the carts really didn't want to go near our area for some reason.





these are the first two dishes we had, we had to wait a while before the rest of the damn carts came. we were so hungry that i didn't have time to take any pics after this.

Afterwards, i went back home with my mom it was nice. went to my old room looked at stuff, my mom was trying to get me to throw out stuff, but i was like no this is stuff i worked on, these are things i made. sigh. But she did get all nostaligic when she found an old pair of jeans, she said these were told and to throw them out. I looked at them and told them they were hers that i had ninjaed...then she got all sad, like wow i fit into these tiny jeans? they were old skool from the 70's bell bottoms....LOL...

ate dinner there, while my bro came back and asked my mom how she managed to break the keyboard and how she's using some lame screen based keyboard now. he's wondering how she broke it in the first place. then my dad came back with these gourmet instant noodles of abalone and chicken flavor. My family has random events in life. Sometimes I miss that, I miss being at home. I miss being young again, and my life before, things were easier then. I miss how relaxed i was there, the smell, the open windows, the flowers, the plants, the couches and way I could raid the fridge and no one would yell. I miss it all...they say you can't go home again, but today it was good that i was able to...just for a while...

2 stalkers:

jie-jie said...

You never fail to post delicious pictures.

I've always longed to live on my own, but I'd be too lonely to handle it. Still, I take for granted the company of my family. I feel that way too when I visit my dad. Sometimes, it's too nostalgic it makes one sad.

MakeupByRenRen said...

awww you make me miss my quirky fam too :( my parents are coming to visit me/help me move in 3 days though...driving 7 hours to do manual labor for me...gotta love them