Worst Foods ever...

The NY Times did a review on a book called Eat This, Not That! It has a lovely section highlighting the worse foods you could possibly eat. (fast food wise)

Worst Fast Food Meal: McDonald's Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips with creamy ranch sauce. Chicken sounds healthy, but not at 870 calories.
Worst Drink: Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie. With 166 grams of sugar, you could have had eight servings of Ben & Jerry's.
Worst Supermarket Meal: Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie. One pie packs 64 grams of fat.
Worst "Healthy" Burger: Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger. With 1,145 calories, not a very healthy choice.
Worst Airport Snack: Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll. Packed with 813 hot gooey calories and 5 grams of trans fats.
Worst Kids' Meal: Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n Cheese. With 62 fat grams, it's the equivalent of 1.5 full boxes of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese.
Worst Salad: On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef. A salad with 102 grams of fat and 2,410 mg of sodium.
Worst Dessert: Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. At 1,600 calories, it's like eating the caloric equivalent of three Big Macs.

Sounds Yummy right? So glad that I stopped eating fast food when I went to grad school, even though it was cheap I decided that I wouldn't eat that stuff anymore. I'm glad I did. The smell of McDonalds makes me sick now. Which is a good thing cause I really shouldn't be eating that stuff anymore.

Also the March 2008 issue of Allure they had an article about junk food dieters, women who go to the best hairstylist, the best trainer, have the best clothes, wouldn't be caught dead carrying a fake Birkin, but eat crap food such as fake butter, tasti D-lite, and 100 calorie packs of gum. Women rationalize that they can control the amount of calories they eat, cause most likely they want to go out and drink and stuff their face and then eat some crappy 100 calorie gum or diet soda. Do they even know the chemicals and other crap they are putting into their body? I mean yeah it sounds nice that its only 100 calories in this one small bag of oreo cookies, but don't you wonder what other crap is in there? You work so hard, to make yourself look good why would you put crap in the engine? I don't get it, but then I don't count calories either. I eat and I'm happy, I'll make it up when I'm walking on that treadmill...

and do not get me started on Alli....may cause uncontrollable bowel movements....you know that just means you're gonna crap in your pants and have no control over it. and rather than just put the cookie down, you'd rather crap in your pants. geez...talk about negative reinforcement. The Allure article talked to women in fashion who used Alli to drop a dress size or two...from a 8 to 6 in a few weeks..or a size 6 to a size 4 in two weeks....ok, i'm not for that. I'm not advocating this, but doesn't this warp perception of a woman's body? Why do you need to drop a dress size for? Is there a HUGE difference bet a size 6 or 4? Honestly...this is another reason why I didn't enjoy working in fashion...its all about outward appearance....sometimes you're just so damn tired of trying....

3 stalkers:

JPENG said...

Yes! Most crap from franchises (Subway makes me throw up..it might be b/c it was my first job in high school...the bread smells weird to me, like it's made out of plastic)and prepackaged food sucks. That's why I almost always cook my own food. It may sound dumb coming from me because I co-own a fast food place, but all our stuff is homemade and real. People don't realize it's even cheaper to cook your own food than to eat off a dollar menu. As far as the women you're talking about..so true. Some people just don't realize that to make something that is usually unhealthy low fat, low calorie, low carb,low whatever..that they put something unnatural in there to make it that way. lol@Alli I heard it make your poop greasy and that you have to wear a diaper type thing until you get used to it.

Violet Honeybee said...

Haha! Home cooked food is also more satisfying imo than fast food. I remember listening to this girl talk about how she went to the grocery store to make a home cooked meal, and how expensive it was and that it's cheaper and more convenient to go out and eat fast food. I was like.. eh?!?! Sure I guess.. you might regret it down the line though when you get older. But I shouldn't really be talking since I do get In-N-Out every once in awhile, but I love home cooked foods since you know what's in there and that it's a lot better for you than restaurant food..

but I do love Cinnamon Buns... mmm...

Fei said...

Eek... I'm guilty of eating all that crap. LOL. It's just so EASY and CONVENIENT. Great for lazy bums like me. :\