This is NOT art

I know art is fucking subjective. Beauty is the eye of the beholder right? But I got this email from a friend and it just royally pissed me off! WTF is wrong with people these days?

In 2007, Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, a supposed artist, captured an abandoned dog from the street, tied with a short cord to the wall in an art gallery and left him there to slowly die of hunger and thirst. For a few days, not only that "artist" also all the cruel gallery visitors viewed the agony of the poor animal until finally the dog died of starvation after having experienced so much pain! OMFG! What is wrong with people?! Seriously! How DARE YOU hide behind the pretense of art! Art is NOT killing an animal, or torturing it. I may not be an art major but hell I know that this is just WRONG!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1990/dscn8139vk6.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5848/dscn8146pu4.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5720/dscn8153yv8.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7240/navitividad1cq9.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7937/navitividad4so6.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5895/perritoho5.jpg

Those are images of the poor dog in the gallery and people just stood there and watched! No one said hey this is wrong, or maybe we should let the dog go or at least feed or water it. No they stood there all "memorized" by it. Did I miss something here?! Is it just me? Am I living in a world where that's ok?! Am I in bizzaro world?

And that's not all, now the Honduras Biennale Centro de Arte, after they decided that was art, they invited Guillermo Vargas Habacuc to repeat this cruel action for the 2008 Biennale. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS ART?! What makes me madder and deeply disturbed that organizations like PETA find more time in their schedules to throw paint on people wearing fur, and fund campaigns with naked actresses than to actively protest things like this!

HELP TO STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please sign the petition

yes i eat meat, but you know what? I'm NOT for torturing animals. I don't believe any living thing deserves that, esp to be put on display while people watched you die slowly, who are memorized by your slow death. I am disgusted by human nature.

If you google the "artist" you will find more info about him.

I appreciate real art, not just by the masters but contemporary and experimental art. But what he's doing isn't art. It's sadist. and if this was a child or another person, I'm sure people would be clearly upset by it.

7 stalkers:

ilurvemakeup said...

What a fucking asshole! He contradicted himself with the reasons he stated of portraying that cruelty as art!!! BAH!

Fei said...

Ugh, ugh, ugh. That's so disgusting. I can't believe he was even acknowledged as an artist. Seriously, groups like PETA waste their time on stupid things and don't address real issues.

xppinkx said...

that fucked up man...i love love animals and if i had the time id have a puppy...but i don't hence a cat!...those dogs a mal nourished! and can barely stanD and to keep them on a rope! it angers me to see this kinda animal cruelty to this extent!...BS MAN!

chubbydragon said...

i'm quite surprised that nothing was done, or anything was said about the cruelty and suffering this dog was put through. PETA is supposed to be protecting animals from harm, and yet, they've done nothing for this poor dog. it's utterly tragic, really. my belief in humanity continues to slowly diminish as i discover more and more flaws in the injustice our society presents.

Violet Honeybee said...

I'd like to see how they would like to be tied up and left to starve.. I'll be eating a steak dinner in front of them too.. jerks

starlit said...

OMG. That's horrible! I don't even want to see those pictures. I think animal cruelty bothers me more than human on human cruelty...

pan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.