Korean Fried Chicken & Filipino stuff!

Oh yes....I met up with my friend today for lunch. I was half alseep and brain dead when I woke up and realized I was suppose to meet her for lunch. And so with 15 min I got up, put some clothes on and ran out the door. She had a craving for korean fried chicken being that last time we tried the place was closed in koreatown. So, we decided to go try the one that was in Jackson Heights. New York Restaurants wrote an article on korean fried chicken, and the one in jackson heights received 5 out of 5 chicken legs...hmmm....



The place is called Unidentified Flying Chicken. They have a website but there isn't anything on it at the current moment. The decor is very cute much like a Korean restaurant.


Looks cute right?


Inside its very cute, they have these cartoony chickens around. saying yes its ok to eat me!


They even have the article up on the wall, to show they received 5 chicken legs! They also have a downstairs, so they have room for lots of chicken eaters!


We ordered a small order of chicken. lots of wings and 3 drumsticks. it was super crunchy not too greasy or oily. its different from the normal fried chicken out there you know? Soy Garlic rules! It was SO GOOD! The sauce was as my friend would say remarkable.

The place was nice, the people working there were friendly. It was in a strange location, you would literally drive past it if you didn't look for it. But its pretty good. Hmmm fried chicken...

Afterwards, cause we passed by the Flip restaurant, we decided to go get some mango drinks. Course we also made a stop at the flip market nearby. This was the part where I started txting my flip friend and asking him annoying questions, and sending him pics. He responded by saying stop sending me pics my phone is too old!


I've never seen so many flip ppl in one spot before, and I saw lots of new and interesting things there, that I've never really seen.


I took this with my camera phone, I had NO idea what it was for, my friend responds by saying that they eat it. so insightful....


Flip bread! Breadrolls that is!


this is the flip restaurant we went to, to get mango drinks. i didn't know what the name of the drink was, just that it was mango and apparently they had a couple of mango drinks. so we ended up getting this one.


Its mango pieces with condensed milk and crushed ice, and damn its GOOD! I asked my friend who said he's never really had that drink before. We also saw a green drink there. We asked the workers there who said it was an avocado drink. My friend said yes avocado with condensed milk, quite yummy our secret drink, not for you outsiders! lol....i asked him what's up with all these condensed milk? He says Flips like condensed milk!

overall it was a fun little venture out into jackson heights. Korean fried chicken and some mango drinks. Maybe next time we'll venture to eat flip food or thai food...hmmm thai food....


and i saw this and took a pic for my flip friend who obviously needs more flip pride...hee hee..

If you get the chance go eat korean fried chicken or flip food or thai food!


so random I know right?

If you Flip ladies know what any of this stuff is called or is for, or anything plz let me know, my only flip friend irl is a guy who is annoyed at me txting him and sending pictures while he's at work...lol...."omg jen wtf are you doing? I'm at work! My phone is old and can't see pics! I'm not talking to you anymore!" that and he's mad at my gimpy dps...lol...oh boys can be so silly at times....

6 stalkers:

Violet Honeybee said...

Thai food is GOOOODD!! Try their Thai Iced Tea!! I love drinking that and order it every time I go to a Thai place~ ^-^

Yay fried chicken!! I LOOOVE chicken!

ChyiX2 said...

LOL at the UFC place. Haha, the chickens on the wall look so cute! Argh, I'm getting so hungry by looking at your pictures... I also wonder what the purple yam spread was.

xppinkx said...

dudee....love korean food..made som bim bap yesterday! i swear NY has some of the best restauraunts ever! love it <3 goin down this weekend to do some shopping and eating! sis lives in east village where abouts you?...anywho yeah PR was hella nice...did you hear like a million cats in heat? it was goin durty til like 4 in the mornin..=)

MakeupByRenRen said...

lol you and your food posts. i wanna go there! i'm actually going to be in new york for a few days in the end of may but i dunno if i'll be able to convince my roomy to travel to flip side of town...ha ha...the purple spread...aka purple yam or ube is really nummy...it's sweet, like a dessert spread. as far as condensed milk, yup we love it! we put it in Halo Halo, aka Mix Mix, where we mix it with ice and sweet fruits and beans...that drink you got sounds like a modified version of that. yum!

JPENG said...

Yummm..you're making me hungry. I've heard so much about Korean Fried Chicken..but I haven't seen any in Texas.=(

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

you can use the ube (purple yam) spread on anything. Pan de sal (bread), in halo halo (filipino dessert that has ice cream, ice, condensed milk, and a few other things), and basically anything. LOL. :P next time you get filipino drinks, you should get the buko pan dan shake! mMMmmmmm... I love it, it's one of my faves. Also, you should try out some filipino barbeque AND pancit malabon. hehehe. :D