Its all Thai to Me!

Hmmm Thai food....we all <3 thai food...hee hee...since blizz is having issues, and mostly all the realms just went down, eek! What do you mean you don't have a ETA? You better have my character when I log back in! She's almost all epiced out! And here i was hoping to get some honor in AV...sigh...so instead....here are some thai food pics... Last night I met up with my friend Pan, who is Thai. We went to eat at Sripraphai in Woodside, Queens. (they don't have a website so this is what i found) I swear the food there is absolutely amazing! And its one stop away from the Flip bbq restaurant...hmmm more food...Anyways this place came highly recommended by my 2 Thai friends, yes they're like the food is damn good there. so yeah it is.


The restaurant...we were there for a while hee hee :P



fishcakes with some spicy sauce. I didn't get to try it though.


their famous catfish salad with mango...hmmm it was spicy! But that didn't stop me from eating it!


watercress salad. deep fried veggies, with shrimp and squid. and cashews, and spicy! I think everything there was spicy but it was oh so good! I <3 this stuff!
shrimp pad thai. A classic. I didn't try any cause I was stuffing my face with other food. hee hee. And here Pan said he wasn't going to order it...LIES! Even he couldn't resist!


I have to ask my friend what the name of this dish is. its a traditional dish, and its not really soup, its more like gravy and you drizzle it onto rice and eat it. OMG! It was GOOD! but SPICY! You know what? I've come to realize a lot of thai food is spicy, and while the rest of us were sweating and trying to keep our cool, my friend Pan was just sitting there eating, chilling, going what's wrong with you losers? this isn't even that spicy! LOL! Sorry we're not Thai and we can't handle Thai spicy


Tom Yum Soup...spicy, flavorful, has young coconut and its so good...seriously...


drunken noodles...so spicy! But I couldn't stop eating it!


A whole fish, yes with some nice spicy chili sauce...what meal wouldn't be complete without a whole fish. Damn it was good...and my friend was cutting it up and serving it, well actually after he ate some. He served the fish, and he didn't turn it over, I heard about some myth about the fishermen and the fish not flipping the fish over, but moving the bones off and getting the meat on the bottom...should have asked him about that since he was serving it that way.

Now onto dessert! yes dessert! Course I don't know the names of these dishes, cause they were in Thai. but bear with me...


Banana and sticky rice wrapped in banana leaf. they heated it up for us too!


so this is the inside. now this is the part where we all ganged up on my friend and asked him, wtf is that? Liver? That's NOT banana. Since when does banana turn into liver? What kind of creepy bananas you got going on in thailand? His response was that it turns like that when you put it in a oven for a really long time. One of his friends said he was going to try it at home to see if the banana turns colors.


close up of it. does it look like banana? no it looks like meat! creepy I say, it tastes like banana thou...


I really like basil seeds, that's what the black dots in the jello are. Basil seeds. Most people are creeped out by it. More for me. they float around in liquid kinda cool, but it creeps out ppl for some reason. Leave it to the Thai ppl to put basil seeds in jello. Hmmm texture...


custard with purple sweet rice? pretty good, there's no coconut in there. Very sweet


coconut ice cream with some fruit thing inside, it was clear and i didn't know what it was. I didn't have any, cause I'm not for coconut...but my friend didnt' finish it....booo! that coconut died for you!


and here's my friend stating that mullets are sexy and he is determined to grow one out and NO one will stop him...

Overall a great time was had by all. We all sweated and sniffed when it came to the hot food, we all drank thai ice tea. though we asked do we ask for regular ice tea or thai ice tea there? It was fun to watch him order in thai and then forget immediately what he ordered for us. But a great time was had by all. Thanks Pan! We need to do this again cause I want to eat more good thai food!

5 stalkers:

Fei said...

I've tried that banana dessert! I thought I'd gotten a defective one or something, because it DOESN'T look like banana. But it does taste like it... Not sure how I like it though. Kinda weird. And I <3 coconut!! Mmmm...

Violet Honeybee said...

Mmmm.. coconut ice cream... that basil thing looks tasty! =)

xppinkx said...

dudddde i ate here before...hands down best thai food ever and the cocnut dessert is my fav! everytime i go its always packed..packed with thai's...when i go i buy a whole bunch of prepared food to take home with me...this is real thai food man non of that sweeet crap...drrooolz

Vanessa said...

Hello my fellow New Yorker! HEHE that would be cool if we ran into each other! It's so frikkin' cold here!!! WTH! And now I remembered why I moved from Canada to Cali, LOL.

missjaclynrose said...

yummm, i love thai food. can you believe that the first time I had thai food was when I met my husband's family. (my husband is thai) and to tell you the truth that my hub was the first person I met that is thai. We go to a lot of thai food restaurants and my mother-in-law's sister owns a thai restaurant. I love the spicyness of their food. all that you pictured looks soooo good!