Maybelline Lipgloss swatches

Ok, here is a makeup related post. Cause I've been a little slacking. So last week was the duane reede BOGO on Maybelline Lip products. I got the Superstay Gloss and the Superstay lipcolor. So the Maybelline site says...

Our longest lasting gloss ever!
• Shiny color lasts 6X longer than the leading gloss
• Feels irresistibly soft, comfortable all day long
• In 16 glossy sheer shades
• Superaway Lipcolor Remover with Vitamin E gently removes all traces of long wear lip gloss

Yeah ok, whatever, I' m a real person so this is how it goes...






I swatched one previously...


as you can see it came out not the way i expected. I was expecting a more nudey color, but I guess I would have to get a lipstick instead of gloss...


this is a purple plumy pinky color with gold flecks of glitter in it. Its number 160. It's glossy. The gloss goes on after the color you apply dries. it takes like 2 minutes or more sometimes. i get tired and just apply which contaminates the gloss. The gloss gets super sticky which is one thing I don't like. I don't enjoy the sticky feeling on my lips esp when i try to eat and drink. I guess I'm used to the 3d MAC glosses that aren't sticky.



dear god that's red! its not a true red but its still bright and in your face! Yes i know its somewhat blurry, but damn you see the color. Yes you need a lip pencil for this color. esp if you're applying it with the applicator which is a doe foot. And yes its quite glossy. It has some golden flecks in it to give it a sheen i guess. Its' number 550.


and this is the non glossy one. Its red yes. Lip pencil should be used as well. You let the color dry and put on the balm. The balm gives you some shine, not glossy but not matte either. This is color 725. I actually went out and ate and drank with it through eating dinner and it stayed on. Surprisingly. But towards the end the center of my mouth started to fade, but at that point the night was almost over. It does stay on like crazy. I seem to like the balm more now cause its not as sticky as the gloss. Plus I twisted the cap on one of the glosses and now it leaks. doh!

And as Necessary Makeup noted on her blog, CVS is having a BOGO on Maybelline and Loreal HIP products!!! EEEEK! Temptation again! It also includes the maybelline mineral foundation in a bottle. I think I may check that out. But the question is do I really need more makeup?

3 stalkers:

Vanessa said...

WOW! Those look so gorgeous on you!!! Red hot mama!

Are they drying on the lips?

MakeupByRenRen said...

oh i love the red glossy one!

Fei said...

Ah... I wish I could wear the red all the time, but it's much too much. hehe.