Like two days ago me and my friend went to eat at this new restaurant that opened up near him. Previously that spot was a wing place, a burger joint and then closed up and went under serious renovations to become Mojave. Which is part of Agave. I guess they wanted to open a restaurant in Astoria which is in Queens the wannabe next Williamsburg. Williamsburg used to be cheap to live in, course all the yuppies, and wannabes found out all the artist types are there so they ran there too, which drove prices up. Thanks a lot you wanna be trendsters with no sense of creativity for ruining yet another haven for real artists. before it was the village, then alphabet city, now williamsburg. where do you want the artists to go now?! Anyways it was a nice restaurant. freaking dark but still nice.


talk about dark inside. why do restaurants make it so dark inside anyways? don't you want people to see their food? so we can eat it? so we can tell you how wonderful of a job you did on plating? or that i can see the other person and walk to the bathroom without wondering what i'm about to stumbling into next...just a thought...


they gave us blue corn chips and salsa to munch one while we reviewed the menu.


Grilled Corn on the Cob with chipotle lime butter & queso cotija. It was very good, fire roasted and yummy.


fire grilled gulf shrimp with asparagus and smoked tomato. Came with rice, pico, sour cream and guacamole. It was VERY filling. The shrimp was grilled to perfection. It was really good!


Dessert! Mexican Fondue. I highly doubt that Mexicans sat around making fondue, but whatever, it was fun to eat, and dip the chocolate in. But it was yummy...

I was completely stuffed afterwards, and I should have worn stretchy pants. But whatever, I like to enjoy good food and not have to worry about calories. I'm so glad I didn't make any lame resolutions to go work out and crap. kudos for my friend for wanting to try this place....

4 days till my bday...countdown..what to wear, what shoes to wear? how to do my hair? And where the F*CK is my curling iron?!

2 stalkers:

sophie aka 7 said...

omg *drool* u have to gimme the address of that place !

MakeupByRenRen said...

dang you eat out at a lot of nice restaurants, i'm so jealous!